EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) announced multiple new modern data center products and services fundamental to customers’ modern data center transformation initiatives. This transformation is leading to complex data center priorities: maintaining traditional business applications as efficiently and in a low-cost manner as possible without compromising service integrity, and using those savings to support next-gen application development needs. Each requires different investments, which largely come from the same (typically flat) IT budget. The first step toward balancing these conflicted IT priorities is to modernize the infrastructure on which IT is built.
Today EMC introduced the new EMC® Unity™ family of all-flash storage; Virtustream® Storage Cloud platform; EMC MyService360™ service-centric online dashboard, EMC Enterprise Copy Data Management (eCDM) and ViPR® Controller 3.0.
EMC Executive Quote:
David Goulden, EMC Information Infrastructure CEO
“The IT industry is in a state of massive transformation, resulting in both disruption and great opportunity. Every business leader, across every industry, is facing the dilemma of how to support and grow traditional IT infrastructure while modernizing the data center in order to support the development of new applications and advance their digital agendas. Some are doing all of this simultaneously. The products and services announced today will help advance the customer’s journey to build a modern data center in order to thrive as a digital business.”
- EMC has declared 2016 the Year Of All-Flash for primary storage, and today EMC expanded its market-leading all-flash portfolio with the new EMC Unity family of storage arrays. The new all-flash array, ideal for small and medium-size IT deployments, sets the new standard for simplicity, affordability and flexibility. It is available in all-flash, hybrid, converged and software-defined configurations and is designed to help customers make an affordable and simple transition from disk to flash.
- New Virtustream Storage Cloud is a global cloud storage platform offering enterprise-levels of resiliency and performance combined with true web scale. The launch of Virtustream Storage Cloud represents the latest expansion in capabilities for Virtustream which, over the course of the last ten months as an EMC company, has continued to innovate on its core enterprise-class, mission-critical infrastructure-as-a-service platform while enhancing the portfolio with a comprehensive set of managed services capabilities for both on- and off-premises implementations.
- The new EMC MyService360 cloud-based service dashboard — available at no additional cost to customers registered with EMC Online Support — provides a visually compelling, near real-time visibility into the health and status of a customer’s entire EMC data center environment. MyService360 is built using EMC’s internal data lake and provides powerful analytics and visualization tools designed to improve, enhance and simplify the way customers engage with EMC products to make their jobs easier.
- EMC Enterprise Copy Data Management (eCDM) is an expansion of EMC’s Copy Data Management portfolio which helps customers tackle data sprawl and reduce the cost of storing and managing multiple copies of the same data. eCDM enables customers to modernize their storage and protection strategy with discovery, automation and optimization of copy data to reduce costs and streamline operations. eCDM provides companies with a pan-enterprise solution to monitor, manage and analyze copy data, eliminating the waste organizations will spend storing data on the wrong tier of data or when they no longer need the data all together.
- ViPR Controller 3.0 is designed to help customers transition to the modern data center by bridging traditional and cloud native environments to enable business transformation. New updates announced today help customers modernize their multivendor storage environments, with support for over 50 EMC and third-party storage platforms.