New Dell EMC analytics solution streamlines data analytics and cloud-native app development
Ever wondered how your competition makes those seemingly spur-of-the-moment decisions that turn out to be game-changing – while your own efforts are derailed by the time it takes to get decent analytics from your IT department?
Businesses are recognizing the power of data-driven applications to impact consumer behaviour.
However, many organizations are struggling with how to extract business value from their data. Data analysts typically spend up to 80% of their time preparing the data before they can focus on analytics. In addition, many corporate employees report having access to data they should not, resulting in major security risks.
An accelerated digital transformation will help you to make those hard decisions based on solid data, in real time.
With a turnkey analytics and application developer experience offered by Dell EMC™, the new Dell EMC Analytic Insights Module, all of the software, hardware and services necessary to set up in days rather than weeks an environment for both big data analytics and cloud native application development.
The Analytic Insights Module helps organizations derive actionable insights that can be easily integrated into intelligent applications while ensuring security and corporate governance. The Analytic Insights Module enables the rapid searching, gathering and analysing of data sources within the enterprise or in the cloud.
Analytic Insights Module accelerates the analytics cycle through key innovations, including its unique Data Curator, Data Governor and Data and Analytics Catalog. It also delivers a self-service experience for data analysts to provision their own workspaces for securely focusing on generating high business value insights in hours or days versus weeks or months.
With data analysis up-to-date in real time, business decisions can be made within minutes. IT teams can define polices to ensure security and corporate governance across all users, apps, and data sources. Analytic Insights runs on Native Hybrid Cloud and includes Pivotal Cloud Foundry, making it easy to share data and analytic services with developers to create data-driven applications.
Other customer benefits:
- Partner for Success: Analytic Insights Module brings together business executives, data analysts, application developers and IT teams, providing each with the insights, data sources, tools and control they need.
- Save Time: Enables analytics teams to recoup the time typically spent finding, cleansing, wrangling and preparing data for their analytics, taking it from weeks or months to just hours or days.
- Guard Data Access: Data-centric security enables the business to define fine-grained data access policies that are applied to all users, all applications and across multiple data stores.
- Self-Service Analytics: Data analytics teams can stand up independent workspaces on-demand in just minutes without disrupting the enterprise infrastructure. Within their workspace they can search, evaluate and ingest data within their enterprise and the cloud; data access is governed by policies and teams can publish their work to the Data and Analytics Catalog.
- Choice of Tools: Analytic Insights is an open platform that allows analytics teams to use their analytic and visualization tools of choice to reduce learning curves and enhance the quality and efficiency of their analysis.
- Deliver Intelligent Applications: Insights surfaced by data analytics teams can be quickly integrated into cloud native applications to enhance business processes or deliver new products and services.
- Transform Business: Analytic Insights Module accelerates the process for delivering data-driven applications enhancing their ability to create and sustain competitive advantage.
- Integrated Data Lake: A highly-scalable Data Lake that features multi-protocol file storage from Dell EMC Isilon and flexible object storage with Dell EMC Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS) removes the complexities associated with aggregating and accessing large amounts of disparate data.
These engineered solutions are turnkey and fully maintained and supported by Dell EMC. This means customers can shift from developing and maintaining infrastructure to creating intelligent self-service applications that transform their business.