While some executives would like to lower costs and increase efficiency, others want business growth and responsiveness. Flash technology is fast, efficient and affordable. But what if there was more to all-flash storage than meets the eye?
According to NASA, climate change is increasing the risk of extreme weather events with more intense hurricanes, cyclones and typhoons, heavier rain and snowfall, more frequent and intense heat waves, and longer droughts. These all leave a dramatic impact on human life and food sources. But what does this have to do with IT and all-flash storage?
All-flash storage is hot. Hot news and hot property, that is. But it’s actually a lot cooler than traditional IT storage systems of years passed.
Corporations and enterprises are all vying to be seen as green and environmentally conscious, with buzzwords like “organic” and “sustainable” pushing the trend. Apart from the obvious PR value, there is also a substantial amount of money that can be saved and reinvested into the business through implementation of “green” practices. And all-flash just happens to be one of these.
All-flash storage consumes approximately 50-80% less electricity and cooling needs than traditional HDD systems, because data centres tend to be more energy efficient than individual servers distributed around an organisation. Despite a higher purchasing price, its these cost-saving factors that make all-flash a more economical system in the long-term.
According to Wikibon, all-flash is the fastest growing segment in the IT world, and it’s helping change the way IT systems are being organized, directed and architectured. These changes are improving productivity for businesses and the-end user, which ultimately leads to greater profitability and efficiency, especially with respect to our environment. But the benefits don’t end there.
All-flash storage delivers results
- Performance – all-flash is three times faster with an ultra-low latency period, thus ensuring mission-critical applications are always available, responsive and predictable in their performance.
- Availability – world class solutions combined with disaster recovery gives businesses unmatched continuity and data protection that is available 99.9999% of the time.
- Scale – from entry level to enterprise solutions, there is always an all-flash solution to match any business’ needs and budget.
- Affordability – all-flash solutions can save up to 80% over a three-year period by lowering admin costs, reducing inline data, and consuming less power and cooling. Plus it stores six times more data than traditional disk-based storage.
- Converged infrastructure – fully optimized, ready-to-go all-flash platforms can be deployed to run core business applications and services.
Additionally DELL EMC has recently released new updates for their XtremIO platform that allows for a richer workflow environment, simplified resource provisioning, automation and orchestration in virtualized environments. Plus a new web-based HTML5 graphical user interface provides XMS users with a simple, lightweight option for XtremIO reporting, monitoring and management, including mobile access.
According to DELL EMC’s “flash guru”, Sam Marraccini “Flash has fundamentally changed the way we configure storage systems; it’s no longer an option.” And thanks to its affordability, agility, efficiency and speed, flash is now the new normal. But with growing concerns over climate change and global warming, all-flash also pioneers the way in promoting a greener work environment.
Thanks to DELL EMC’s commitment to its customers and the planet, XtremIO is the leading all-flash storage in the market today. No other storage company offers a range of products and solutions designed to transform businesses as much as DELL EMC.